Famous Last Words: Getting in the Swing of Things

In the midst of week three, I feel like I'm finally getting back into the swing of things.
The readings I read this week were Biblical, which I found very interesting. I am a Christian myself, so hearing different stories about the Bible is always interesting. My two stories were about Adam and Eve and Mary, which I'm very familiar with. I kind of found it difficult, though, to write a story about these because they're stories that are so engrained in my brain. But - I ended up writing my story about Mary being devious, which is in no way my beliefs - just for the purpose of this class!

I read other people's stories and blogs this week, and I found this very interesting. Some people are great storytellers, and I did not originally include dialogue in my stories like some people did. However, I plan to in the future! It was fun reading introductions, because I had a lot in common with many people in this class.

My other classes are going fine. I have an internship three days of the week (MWF) in Edmond this semester, so I've been pretty busy with working and doing class. I'm also going to Cabo in March for spring break, so I'm trying to incorporate working out and eating healthy too... I wouldn't say I've been completely successful, but it's been a good try so far! I've learned that the older I get, it has to be a lifestyle change rather than a diet. That's the hard part!

I hope that this weekend I can get really ahead in this class so I don't have to stress out about it. I'm still not behind, but being ahead puts me in a better position. There doesn't seem to be much going on this weekend, which will be helpful. I spent last weekend in Stillwater, so not much homework got done there! All of my high school friends go to OSU, so we take turns visiting each other pretty often. I look forward to challenging my creativity in week four!

One of my favorite places to do homework is in my living room at Aspen Heights.

Comments

  1. I definitely know where you're coming from about reading stories you already know! I'm working ahead and I'd strongly encourage you to take a look at the Islam section. It's really interesting to see the stories of Jesus and Lot and Noah told through a totally different lens, accompanied with much different historical connotations. I think it's also cool that you wrote a story that goes against what you believe. It's a little bit like arguing the opposite side for a debate, it really enhances your understanding of the original story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel you on the point of rewriting stories that are important to you. One of the things I've had to think about when writing based on these traditional myths is how to be funny without being potentially offensive. It's cool that you've been able to navigate that with your own faith! I think that helps put the other stories in perspective.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Olivia Pope*

Week 2 Story: Basilisk's Revenge