Topic Research

This week, I have decided to further look into my project topic focused around public relations (my major).

This focus can be taken many different ways, because PR focuses on reputation management, crisis communication, technology, communication and so much more. As I looked through the many stories given to us, I have found three possible stories that I think could fit my topic best.


#1: "Alice's Journey... Through Social Media?"
As I wrote about in week two's project, this story really stood out to me. As a PR major, my job will likely include social media. This made me interested in incorporating technology and the media into stories without these things. As suggested by Ms. Gibbs, the Queen of Hearts could hire a PR agency, any of the wonderland characters could use a PR consultant or I could do a PR-take on Alice herself. These got me thinking further, and I also thought of the idea of crisis communication coming into play in the Alice in Wonderland story.

#2: "Princess Mayblossom"
This story has two parts: one about a runaway bride, one about a "war of the squirrels" and one about society. I particularly honed in on the runaway bride. As I said before, crisis communication is a large part of PR. It would be very easy to find additional "crises" in terms of princesses, as they're often rebelling against their royal families. I think I could come up with a lot of scenarios in which PR would be needed to solve, which could be fun!

#3: the storybook "The Trickster of OU"
Many times, PR consultants are seen as "fixers." Although the profession relies a lot more on ethics than is currently believed, the word "tricksters" in this title caught my eye! It could be fun to write more evil - based PR stories, maybe even a trickster getting ahead by manipulating the people around them. Contrarily, the people could notice the tricksters weaknesses in their relationships with others, and take them down once and for all. There are many ways PR could incorporated into stories like these. Don't tell my teachers, because this is against all we're taught to do!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Olivia Pope*

Week 2 Story: Basilisk's Revenge