Week 8 Comments and Feedback

Feedback In
Some of the comments I received on my introduction were helpful, while others seemed to be redundant. The comments that include a "WWW" help a lot more than just general suggestions, so I'm glad that this was a requirement in some of the project feedback assignments. The comments I find most useful is ones that ask me to clarify a portion of my story. Sometimes others' feedback on continuing the story confused me, but when they told me a part could be strengthened it made much more sense!

Feedback Out
Since I get the most out of the "WWW" feedback technique, I try to include one of the three W's in my feedback comments. Additionally, I try to ask clarification questions like I mentioned above so that they can strengthen specific portions of their story, rather than changing the route of the story altogether. Other people's writings have given me inspiration to try writing dialogue and explaining the setting more, which I wouldn't have done without reading their stories.

Blog Comments
I really enjoy the Introduction blogs! I know a couple people in this class, and these intros told me info about them that I probably wouldn't have otherwise known. The intro allows people to tell what they think is important about themselves, which is fun to read. I think that my intro encompasses who I am pretty well, and I feel like the comments depict that people know much more about me than they did from being peers and before reading.

Looking Forward
To make my feedback assignments more useful to others, I think it could be beneficial to use the advice I've gotten from our professor (Ms. Gibbs) to also assist others. Laura has given me comments I would not even have thought of (i.e. sticking with one point of view, describing imagery, etc.) that I could share with others so that they can try it on their next assignments. I think others could help me on clarifying things that may not be clear in my story book about PR. I know PR is so well known to me, but I know many students have no idea what the major really entails!

Image


I like this feedback cat picture because the feedback I receive makes me rethink and revise what I've already written. I think this explains the true meaning of feedback. It should not just be given then ignored, but rather used to revise and better our assignments. Plus, this cat is looking in the mirror so confused and I love when animals do that! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Olivia Pope*

Week 2 Story: Basilisk's Revenge