Famous Last Words: Final Push

As the semester is coming to an end, I decided I should do one last Famous Last Words post regarding my work in this class this semester.

My storybook was about Alice in Wonderland incorporating Public Relations components (my major). At the beginning of the semester, I was overwhelmed with the amount of ideas I had for this subject. As time went on, I realized the storybook took much more planning than I expected.

I just wrote my last story, "Power of True." My stories incorporated cell phones in Wonderland (WonderPhones), the importance of reputation management and the credibility that comes with telling the truth. All three of these themes are relevant in the PR world today.

We’re getting to that point in the semester where everything is picking up and the end of the semester is in sight. In this class, you need 410 points to receive an A in the class. After I finish this blog post, I will be at 412 points! I’m very proud of myself for getting so ahead in this class early on, because it is taking a lot of stress out of me at the end of the semester. I plan to submit my “finished class” form after this. Though it’s been fun, I am very thrilled to have one less workload to worry about during dead/finals week!

My other classes haven’t been too difficult this semester. I am a senior in standing, but don’t plan to graduate until next May. I have about 14 hours left to take total, so I’m spreading out my hours. This makes me have an easy workload in comparison to my first three years of college when I’d take no less than 15 hours per semester.

I have many plans for the rest of the semester! I have a date party this weekend, my boyfriend’s date party next weekend, and then my 21stbirthday is April 24. My family is taking a trip to Phoenix, AZ for my birthday, which I’m excited about! I hope everyone has a great summer, adios! 

Comments

  1. Hey Demery! It's great that you have an easy workload for your final year! Cherish it and make sure you don't have to write half your capstone in one night... not that I did that of course. Congrats on completing the class and getting through the work for the semester.

    ReplyDelete

  2. Hi Demery! I think its great that you have an easy workload this semester. It’s so awesome that you were able to finish the class early. I think that if you keep up this good work ethic of not procrastinating you will be in a good place for the rest of your college career. Congratulations on finishing and have a great 21st birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Demery! Congrats on finishing early!! I hope you have an amazing 21st birthday and I hope the rest of you semester ends well! Good luck over the next year. It is a great idea to spread out your work load, instead of rushing through and cramming all those classes in one semester.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Olivia Pope*

Week 2 Story: Basilisk's Revenge