Week 8 Reading and Writing

We have now come to week eight and there are only nine weeks left in this semester. Time to reflect!

Looking Back
After reviewing my previous reading and stories from this semester, I would have to say my favorite stories to recreate were First Voyage and Down the Rabbit Hole. These stories were very intriguing, and super easy for me to put my own spin on! As the semester went on, I can definitely tell from my reading notes that I was able to help myself plan for my stories much better. By taking notes during my readings, rather than after, I was able to find many more ways to make stories my own. My best strategy is to open two windows and read while taking bullet point notes, then close the original story to develop my notes further. That way, I'm not directly copying the story but am able to take key details to include in my own recreation. So far, I'm proud of my story book. I plan to put a lot of thought into my next two stories so that I can produce my best work, since there are many ways I can attempt to make Alice in Wonderland more technological and PR related! I think the idea behind my story book is my biggest accomplishment, because it relates to my major which I'm passionate about. This makes me want to develop the stories even further to make them the best they can be!

Image
My favorite image I've used is on my homepage of my website:
Photo of Alice in Wonderland by Thomas Kinkade.
This photo is my favorite of the semester, because it captures the imagery of Wonderland in Alice's eye. Thomas Carroll describes Wonderland as a garden with beautiful colors and scenery, and this picture depicts that so well! It also serves as a great header image for my story book, which is helpful.

Looking Forward
As we continue through the semester, I'm going to review a couple more Alice in Wonderland stories to make sure that key characters are included in my next couple stories. My first story introduced technology to Wonderland, which I knew I wanted to do. Next, I want to include the characters and maybe a PR-specific situation to end my story book. I plan to do some more planning beginning these stories, so that my best work will be produced.

This class has certainly challenged my creativity, but I wouldn't have it any other way!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Olivia Pope*

Week 2 Story: Basilisk's Revenge